Friday, October 16, 2009

Jess Getting Ready


I grabbed Kate's camera and became the impromptu photographer for the "getting ready" segment of Jess and Melinda's wedding in Portland, Oregon. I think the camera loves Jess as much as Melinda loves Jess. We had a fun time while Jess got her hair and makeup all settled and got into her dress. Then it was off to the Hoyt Arboretum to meet Mindy and get hitched. It was supposed to rain all day, but it held off completely until the "minister" - our friend Dan, recently ordained with the Universal Church of Life - pronounced Jess and Melinda married. At that very second a light mist dusted the crowd, sparkling like glitter in the still-sunny sky. Try not tearing up when something like THAT happens at a wedding!









2 comments:

Kate said...

my wife often tells me that i use a bit too much hyperbole. i admit, i'm a bit of an enthusiast. one's family does not nickname them the "walking superlative" for nothing!

by admitting this, i hope that you will trust that i mean it when i say i think alden is one talented artist. be it photography or writing, she continues to amaze me. i am so grateful she found my camera and documented these beautiful moments. in a most beautiful way.

Alden Jones said...

What! My wife commented on my blog!!!