Thursday, September 4, 2008

Little Children



As the teacher of a creative discipline, I'm always tickled by the arbitrary rules created by teachers of creative disciplines. I, for instance, banned the word "eternity" when I taught a poetry workshop. When she taught undergraduates, my mentor, Amy Hempel, banned the word "dorm." And a photography teacher I know has one rule for subject matter: "No children or pets."

Generally, I agree: Please, no more pictures of your cute kitty cat.

But when it comes to my 2-year-old niece Taya, I just can't help myself.

1 comment:

aram jibilian said...

Wow Alden...I never saw this shot. Its amazing! Your love of Rineke is really showin through here. You are defnitely onto something. This is a photograph of Taya's inner figure, not just her 2 year old exterior. Thanks for sharing...
a