Monday, August 4, 2008

The Imboden Factor

Connie Imboden had me doing two things I haven't done in a while. One: shooting in reflections.



Also: macro abstracts.

When I first got my bells&whistles camera I took a lot of arty abstracts. I took them because I didn't know how to use my camera. Ooh, look! It looks COOL blurry! Guess what it is? It doesn't MATTER what it is! It's all about form!

Recognizing the limitations in this, I swung way to the other side and spent my time on Semester at Sea trying to take a nice, solid, "good" photograph.

Glad to be back.



1 comment:

Connie Imboden said...

Very cool blog! Love seeing your images up here - still loving the onion tail, very sensual, and the reflection - nice spatial illusions. Thanks also for the kind words. It was great having you in the workshop.
Glad you are still pushing yourself with new stuff. Keep it up!
Best, Connie